Cut-off Marks for Computer Science in Nigeria
The cut-off marks for computer science in Nigeria vary from university to university. However, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has set a minimum cut-off mark of 160 for all universities in Nigeria. This means that students must score at least 160 in their JAMB examination to be eligible for admission into any university offering computer science.
It is important to note that the cut-off marks for computer science are not the only factor considered for admission into university. Other factors such as your O’level results, post-UTME score, and personal interview may also be considered. Some universities may have higher cut-off marks for computer science, ranging from 180 to 200.
Requirements for Studying Computer Science in University in Nigeria
To study computer science in university in Nigeria, you must have the following requirements:
- A minimum of five O’level credits in relevant subjects, including mathematics, English language, and any three science subjects.
- A score of at least 160 in the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) examination.
- A good score in the post-UTME examination conducted by the university of your choice.
- A strong foundation in mathematics, as computer science is a highly mathematical subject.
JAMB Subject Combination for Computer Science
The JAMB subject combination for computer science is as follows:
- English language
List of Universities Offering Computer Science in Nigeria
Here is a list of universities in Nigeria that offer computer science:
- University of Lagos
- Obafemi Awolowo University
- Covenant University
- University of Ibadan
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University
- Lagos State University
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University
- Babcock University
Computer science is a challenging and rewarding field that provides students with the skills and knowledge to pursue careers in software development, computer systems design, and information technology. To study computer science in university in Nigeria, you must meet the requirements, score the minimum cut-off marks, and have a strong foundation in mathematics. If you are interested in pursuing a career in computer science, consider applying to one of the universities offering this course in Nigeria.